The ER Forum is a vibrant platform for presenting and discussing novel research that addresses any topic related to conceptual modelling. Innovation prevails over maturity, in particular regarding emerging new research topics. The main goal of the ER Forum 2020 is to facilitate the interaction, discussion and exchange of ideas among presenters and participants.
- Deadline for submissions: July 27, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: September 7, 2020
- Camera-ready deadline: September 21, 2020
Judith Michael, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Victoria Torres Bosch, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
The ER Forum allows for the following types of submissions:
- Full papers with a limit of 14 pages
- Short papers with a limit of 8 pages
- Tool Demonstrations regard the exhibition of innovative software prototypes or full-fledged systems for developing, communicating and implementing conceptual models. The tools may originate from research initiatives or from industry. Submissions should include a short description including the significance to the conceptual modeling field, the maturity of the work, and if available, a link to a web page or screencast. Here, papers are optional up to 4 pages.
- Posters should present visionary ideas and/or innovative research projects for which at least some preliminary results are available. We accept works in a relatively early stage. Submissions should include a short description including the significance to the conceptual modeling field and the maturity of the work and if available, a link to a web page. Poster papers have a limit of 4 pages.
The papers must adhere to Springer’s LNCS submission formatting guidelines (for details see http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html). Manuscripts not submitted in the LNCS style or exceeding the page limit will not be reviewed and hence, they will be automatically rejected. Springer has provided a LaTeX template in Overleaf for your convenience.
A paper submitted to ER 2020 Forum must not be under review in any other conference or journal during the time it is being considered for ER 2020 Forum. The submissions are due in PDF format through the ER 2020 submission system hosted by EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=er2020 by selecting the Forum track.
Publication and Presentation
All submissions will be reviewed by an international program committee. The volume of accepted ER 2020 Forum papers shall be submitted to CEUR-WS.org for online publication.
In order to proper discussion and feedback opportunities, the ER 2020 Forum accepted submissions will be presented in a “World-Café” setting initiated by a short elevator speech by each author. Therefore, physical presence of at least one presenter for each ER 2020 Forum submission is mandatory.
Each submission will have 1 minute and 1 slide to summarize the contribution. All slides will be compiled beforehand in a single file to facilitate the speaker swap. Each minute an alarm will sound, indicating that the next speaker must start her/his speech. After the elevator speeches, all the contributions will be available in a poster session where authors will be able to explain the poster to the audience.
Program Committee (to be extended)
- Dominik Bork, Universität Wien, Austria
- Suphamit Chittayasothorn, King Mongkut’s Inst. of Techn. Ladkrabang, Thailand
- Karen Davis, Miami University, USA
- Giancarlo Guizzardi, UFES Brazil & Free Univ. Bozen, Italy
- Simon Hacks, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Agnes Koschmider, Universität Kiel, Germany
- Hui Luo, RMIT University, Australia
- Hui Ma, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Beatriz Marín, Universidad Diego Portales, Chile
- Oscar Pastor, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Daniel Riesco, National University of San Luis, Argentina
- Genaina Rodrigues, Univ. of Brasilia, Brazil
- Marcela Ruíz, ZHAW Zurich University, Switzerland
- Manuel Wimmer, Universität Linz, Austria